Rail freight remains a popular cargo transport mode in all global economic conditions. Rail’s flexible and environmentally sustainable benefits include high carrying capacity, speed, and maximum cargo safety. AsstrA helps you enjoy all the advantages of railway cargo transportation in Europe, the CIS, China and beyond. After thoroughly analyzing your needs and cargo characteristics, our team proposes optimal delivery routes and price quotes. AsstrA rail freight deliveries arrive on time whatever their destination. Thanks to close cooperation with reliable partners, we offer a flexible pricing policy and top-quality services.
No documents found.
Nearly all types of cargoes can be transported by railway, including:
- Piece cargo. Cargo loading can be performed manually or mechanically with closed containers and wagons used for carriage. For oversized or heavyweight cargo, loading is performed by crane, with open cars, transporters, and platforms used for carriage.
- Bulk cargo. Loading is performed without cargo fastening and laying and involves carriage via special railroad cars.
- Dangerous goods are shipped by rail in compliance with special rules covering marking, packaging, safety signs, and more. The cargo requires special containers depending on its hazard class.
AsstrA provides safe and fast delivery appropriate for every cargo type.
TYPES OF TRANSPORT
Cargo trains and railway containers have many varieties and often require modifications. Experienced AsstrA specialists select transport depending clients’ needs and the characteristics of their cargo. If required, our specialists can provide multimodal transport via air, road, sea and rail.
- Railway freight transportation in Europe, including the Balkans
- Rail cargo transportation in the CIS
- Railway transportation in Russia, including its remote regions
- Railway cargo transportation between Europe and the Caucasus
- Rail transportation services between Europe and Central Asia
- Railway transportation of goods between China, Europe, and the CIS
- Railway cargo transportation between Mongolia, Europe, and the CIS
- Railway transportation of cars, vehicles, machines, and oversized goods in purpose-adapted wagons.
- Transportation of perishables by rail.
- Maintenance of certain temperature maintenance with special refrigerated vans as well as isothermic thermo-wagons.
- Carriage of bulk light-weight cargoes with volumes over 120 m3.
- Usage of high-speed trains and transportation of goods over long distances at higher, 'passenger' speeds.
- LONG EXPERIENCE
AsstrA has over 20 years’ experience in operating air cargo shipping. During this time, our company has learned the specifics of various industries and operational best practices to provide each client with efficient solutions for his needs.
- BROAD GEOGRAPHIC REACH
AsstrA has developed a wide network of offices in 16 European and CIS countries. Our employees are multi-lingual and are always at clients’ disposal regardless of their location or time zone.
- COMPREHENSIVE SERVICE
Experienced AsstrA specialists provide a full range of services from one logistics operator: transportation, customs clearance, insurance, warehousing, consulting, and project logistics, among other offerings. In addition to offices operating in 16 countries, AsstrA has 8 in-house customs agencies.
- MULTIMODAL TRANSPORTATION ARRANGEMENT
AsstrA arranges transportation of goods by railway as well as other means to the Baltics, Europe, the CIS, the Balkans, Central Asia, the Middle East, and China.
- FINANCIAL GUARANTEES
We provide safe, innovative, and efficient services that meet the requirements of international law. Our group policy with Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (Switzerland), Basler Versicherung AG (Switzerland) and Aktiv Assekuranz (Germany) covers cargo for €3M per insured event.
- LONG EXPERIENCE
Departures: Wuhan, Hefei, Suzhou, Zhengzhou
Destinations: Warsaw, Hamburg, Duisburg
- Customers have to deliver the goods to appointed place of receipt by themselves or AsstrA will do it according to the transport order.
- If the shipment is performed from DOOR, the goods pick up should be provided 4 - 7 days before the train departure depending on the distance to the station of departure.
- If single piece of the goods is more than 2 tons in weight or more than 3 meters in length, there will be handling charge at originating and destination station.
- Gate in cut off is 3 days before the train departure.
- Customs cut off is 2 days before the train departure.
- Shipper has to provide documents for export customs clearance in China as well as the license for import\export customs procedures.
- Space is subject of confirmation before the train departure.
Types of vehicles
Length m, Width m, Height m, Internal volume m³
Weight Limit, t
Designed to transport various types of containers.
9 m, 2.4 m, -, 20/30/40/45 feet
For rail transport from Poland to Kazakhstan, special trains and containers of various types are used. Our experts will select transport based on the needs of the customer and the characteristics of the transported products. We use both transportation using one type of vehicle (monomodal), and using road, air, rail and water transport (multimodal).
Railway transport regulations are complex and have many sources. The following regulations have legal force in Europe: the Convention concerning International Carriage by Rail (COTIF), The Agreement on International Goods Transport by Rail (SMGS), some CIS regulations, and also bilateral international agreements on direct rail freight. We comply fully with all relevant rules when organizing shipments in a given country. Additionally, our legal department takes full responsibility for arranging all required cargo and customs documentation.
We look forward to cooperating with you! For more information on our services, please contact us via our website or at our nearest AsstrA office.
Submit a transport enquiry right now:*Please note that AsstrA-Associated Traffic AG does not work with individuals and individual entrepreneurs.