As a leading international logistics services provider, AsstrA keeps pace with the times and actively implements innovative technologies to best serve clients. One such innovative solution is electronic data interchange EDI.
EDI is an effective tool for exchanging data between business partners. Its main purpose is to reduce the costs of logistics and administrative processes and minimize human errors therein. EDI standardizes documentation – invoices, shipping notices, purchase orders, etc. – to make doing business easier and is therefore popular with users around the world.
Записей не найдено.
• Counterparties do not need decide on how to transfer files (e.g. by fax, telephone, or e-mail) and can therefore save time and resources.
• 80% faster document processing times.
• EDI almost completely eliminates any need for manual data entry and therefore eliminates human error.
• Each stage in the order-supply chain is monitored in the system. For example, a specialist can track the status of a document (read, sent, etc.), as well as control how an order is executed.
• EDI is a guarantee of timely delivery of documents to the supplier. When using an electronic system, important files are not lost like they typically are in classical document flows.
• Reduced company costs and resources. EDI does not need special office equipment (e.g. a fax) or consumables (paper, office supplies) and reduces staff time spent on documentation.
EDI is a universal system. It allows a logistic operator to exchange data with manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and customers.
The system allows you to send several types of electronic messages. For example:
• IFCSUM - order for evaluation;
• IFTMIN - delivery instructions;
• IFTSTA - confirmation and statuses;
EDI reflects information on order acceptance and execution as well as key shipment events like loading, customs clearance, etc.
At the same time, counterparties do not have to implement all types of messages – it is enough to agree on what messages they will exchange. Such “selectivity” allows faster data processing and minimizes losses.
1. AsstrA receives the order.
2. Order is confirmed by EDI.
3. The order is transferred to the appropriate Supplier’s Cabinet account.
4. The provider activates the Track&Trace mobile application.
5. Item arrives for loading.
6. The supplier monitors the movement of vehicles with the goods using the application card.
7. After unloading the goods, the supplier notes the status of transportation.
8. The customer’s system displays a successful delivery confirmation.